Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Robert Curtis

geordieg

Hi, in all the years of researching Robert Curtis is the first person in the military therefore I know very little about war records.

I used the CWGC site but found nothing. Someone pointed me to the Soldiers who died in the Great War site and found these details,see attachment.

Not a great deal of personal information. I have looked at the Long Long Trail site and got some background information. It seems to me he died in the second phase of the Battle of the Somme.

The fact that cause of death is shown as died, does that imply no body was found ?

Any help would be most appreciated, George.

post-58109-034329800 1282567987.jpg

Robert Curtis is commemorated on Pozieres Memorial Panel 16 - 18 so his body was not found.

John

George,

Here's the link to the CWGC click

and here's one to his MIC at the National Archives click

As you can see there are different interpretations of the number but I would go with the MIC as the correct one

Stuart

Thanks for both replies, very helpful. Are there somewhere further details ie enlistment, the battle in which the Northumberland Fusiliers were fighting etc.

It seems after reading a bit more in the Long Long Trail they were not fighting at Posieres where the memorial is situated,George.