Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

cd - soldiers died in the great war

bingbong

does anyone know if there is an updated version of the Soldiers died cd ?

ie suitable for windows 7

" This disc is Windows Vista and 7 Compatible but not with 64bit versions of Windows! "

Naval & Military Press

Cheers Mike

thx mike , not cheap tho is it !!

No, it isn't. It is available on Ancestry.co.uk You can subscribe, or try the 14 day free trial. The Ancestry version seems to have errors though.

Mike

FindMyPast also have the information on line. Again they offer a free trial.

Local studies reference libraries often have a copy, as well as free access to Ancestry.

Keith

does anyone know if there is an updated version of the Soldiers died cd ?

ie suitable for windows 7

I paid nowhere near that price for mine, though it was reduced by trading in my original.

Is there some one you need looking up, there are a lot of errors on the CD-ROM when compared to the original hard copy, our local library has the complete set.

Retlaw

I paid nowhere near that price for mine, though it was reduced by trading in my original.

Is there some one you need looking up, there are a lot of errors on the CD-ROM when compared to the original hard copy, our local library has the complete set.

Retlaw

i use it all the time for a project of mine , its just that i have to have it on my notepad ( xp ) while im on the main one ( w7 ) but a notepad doesnt have a cd drive so i have to faff around with a plug in external drive for it . just me being lazy i guess

Walter, I haven't found that many errors on the CD, I have both CD and hard copy and double check anything I am unsure about, I have found maybe 2 or 3 errors and they are actually print errors or ink run on the hard copy that the scan has missed. What errors have you found?

Mick

Walter, I haven't found that many errors on the CD, I have both CD and hard copy and double check anything I am unsure about, I have found maybe 2 or 3 errors and they are actually print errors or ink run on the hard copy that the scan has missed. What errors have you found?

Mick

One of the main ones which I eventualy found using wild card was Frank Fawcett, it came up as Frank Faweett.

The others which I've assume are scanning errors on numbers, are 6 & 8 being the most common, also 3 & 8.

Retlaw.