Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Boulogne Eastern Cemetery

Stephen White

This weekend my in-laws went to Calais to do some shopping.While they were there they phoned me to ask if i'd like them to drive up to Boulogne Eastern Cemetery to check if my Great Grandfathers Headstone had been replaced,as promised by the CWGC last year.I didn't need to be asked twice.

I've just been looking at the photo's.Beautiful and so incredibly tidy just had to share a couple of the photo's with you all.I've only ever been in the winter so have never seen the cemetery in such as blaze of colour.

The headstone had been replaced as they promised,nice to see an organisation doing as they promised.

Stephen :D

post-19-1086600946.jpg

This is the second photo.

post-19-1086601114.jpg

Last one of the cemetery,this is of the memorial within the cemetery.Boulogne Eastern Cemetry is quiet small,but is obviously well looked after.

post-19-1086601289.jpg

Stephen,

Thanks for sharing these. I was there a week ago, but it was pouring with rain. I got the pics I wanted, and I noticed how good the cemetery was looking, but the weather didn't help to appreciate it. It's good to see it in sunshine.

Stuart :D

Stephen,

Thanks for sharing these. I was there a week ago, but it was pouring with rain. I got the pics I wanted, and I noticed how good the cemetery was looking, but the weather didn't help to appreciate it. It's good to see it in sunshine.

Stuart :D

Stuart

A pleasure,i myself have been on two occasions.Once in February and Once in October.On both occasions it was cold and wet (although not actually raining),with fading light.When my mother in law sent me these photo's it was an absolute joy to see the cemetery with such a display of colour and in glourious sunshine.

Edited by STEVEN

Steven

You are so right - 'an absolute joy'. I've been to the cem a couple of times, in Dec, and in March, and of course, I too missed out on this wonderful show of colour. Thanks for posting the photos.

Jon.