Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Theodore Trad

Granite-Yorkie

Hi,

Can anybody tell me about the First World War career of Theodore Trad? I know that he was commissioned as a Temporary Captain in 9/KOYLI on October 19th 1914, and was later transferred (via the General List) to the 1st Garrison Battalion, Liverpool Regiment on August 14th 1915- serving in Egypt until the end of the war. What I am wondering is (a) When did he leave the Yorkshire Light Infantry, and (B) What merited his transfer to the General List in 1915?

Many Thanks,

Frank

Frank

If all else fails you can try to get a look at his Officer service file at Kew under WO339/22397. It should give you quite a full coverage of the salient points of his career. A Temp. Captain appointment suggests that he was something in the Army pre-1914 also.The file would give that too.You need to hope that the dreaded "weeding" of later years hasn't destroyed any continuity.

Sotonmate

Hi Sotonmate,

Theodore Trad had served with the 4th Volunteer Battalion of the Devonshire Regiment, and went to South Africa at the end of 1901. I'm wondering what he did between leaving the KOYLIs and joining the Liverpool Regiment- being posted the General List suggests some kind of extra-regimental employment.

Frank