Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

King's Regt service details

JulianB

I’d be grateful if anybody could suggest where I might find details of two (probably) post war Kingsmen who’s cap badges I have.

The first badges probably date to the beginning of the war up to 1926. According to the vendor they belonged to her uncle named George Price. She reckons he was born “around 1900” and died “approx 1976”. He was a “boy soldier in India” and had lost an arm – presumably whilst in service. I wonder if the loss of an arm means that there would be pension records somewhere. I assume he must have been with the 1st or 2nd Bn certainly between about 1915 to 1926 / 27.

The second query is the other way around, as it were ! I have a 1926 pattern King’s cap badge that is probably pre 2nd WW, ie late 1920s / 1930s. It’s slider is clearly stamped 8531 H.M.

So, I assume I’m looking for a soldier who’s initials are HM and who’s service number is 8531 ! I don’t know much about the great renumbering scenario after the 1st World War but this strikes me as fairly early in that series ???

thanks,