Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Queens South Africa Medal with 3 clasps - A. Wallace, 2nd Canadian Mou

Dan Wallace

My name is Dan Wallace and I live in Kamloops, BC. My great grandfather, Andrew Wallace, was a Canadian soldier in the Boer War. He was a member of the 2nd Canadian Mounted Rifles and won the Queens South Africa medal with three clasps (Cape Colony, Transvaal and South Africa 1902) as a result. It is rumoured in our family that Andrew gave or traded his medal away in the 40s or 50s in Vancouver.

For the past few years, we have casually been trying to find this medal. This past spring, with the assistance of the Royal Canadian Legion's Last Post Fund, we placed a Veteran's headstone on Andrew's grave, the first headstone since he was buried in 1969. I am now on a more serious quest to find his medal and wondered if anyone here has heard of this medal's whereabouts.

We have heard that this medal may have been purchased here in BC in 1999. If anyone knows where this medal might be located, or has any suggestions on contacts or other forums, our family would be deeply grateful. Thank you

Sincerely,

Dan Wallace

Kamloops

Hello Dan,

You could contact Dixons Medals. They issue a 4 yearly Gazette or catalogue and always have a page in there with details of medals people are trying to chase. Dixons are very helpful and I'm sure if you speak to them they will either have some record of when/ where it was sold or be able to point you in the right direction of someone who can help you more.

Thank you very much - I will follow up on your lead. Cheers

Hello Dan,

You could contact Dixons Medals. They issue a 4 yearly Gazette or catalogue and always have a page in there with details of medals people are trying to chase. Dixons are very helpful and I'm sure if you speak to them they will either have some record of when/ where it was sold or be able to point you in the right direction of someone who can help you more.