Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

lincolnshire regt 2nd bn

ennyldrawllim

found a "c michael" who died 22/10/1918 on cwgc site. trying to find out his christian name as it could be someone from my family tree.

the person i am looking for is "charles michael" and he came from the district around louth.

if it is charles any other info would be appreciated too, to try and follow this connection.

thanks in anticipation

Hi,

A check on the National Archives Medal Index cards shows your man as 'Cyril' formerly 291236 R.Sussex Regt. Quite possible he was not a Lincolnshire man. There are two Charles Michael's on the Index cards, both ASC with different service numbers,

regards,

Steve

Hi,

A check on the National Archives Medal Index cards shows your man as 'Cyril' formerly 291236 R.Sussex Regt. Quite possible he was not a Lincolnshire man. There are two Charles Michael's on the Index cards, both ASC with different service numbers,

regards,

Steve

thanks for that. It was a slim chance it would be the Charles i was looking for. These other two Charles' then. Could they have been from Lincolnshire? I did look on the National Archives but i'm not very au fait with their records and system .

This chap, Cyril served with the 9th, the 8th Royal Sussex Regt and then with the 2nd Lincs., again, in a large batch of R.Suss.R. boys who went to the 2nd Lincs.

Dick