Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Medal Records

aglastonbury

I just by chance found the image of the medal record card for the award the Meritorious Service Medal. Does Anyone know if similar cards were produced for other gallantry awards?

post-55569-038952500 1280660997.jpg

They were produced for MSM, MM, DCM & TFEM, but not for officers gallantry medals (MC, DSO, etc). All except the MM cards should be on Ancestry, the MMs are available only on the NA website as the MM cards were transferred from the MOD into private custody in the 1990s (i.e. after scanning for the NA, but before Ancestry rescanned the others).

Steve.

They were produced for MSM, MM, DCM & TFEM, but not for officers gallantry medals (MC, DSO, etc). All except the MM cards should be on Ancestry, the MMs are available only on the NA website as the MM cards were transferred from the MOD into private custody in the 1990s (i.e. after scanning for the NA, but before Ancestry rescanned the others).

Steve.

Steve are you 100% on the MM not on Ancestry i almost certain i got a couple off there a few months ago ,Im only saying that as i only use Ancestry not NA and i did get some mm cards as i said a few months back ??

Cheers Tony

As far as I know there are no MM cards on ANcestry, but I haven't checked them all!!! :D

Steve.

As far as I know there are no MM cards on ANcestry, but I haven't checked them all!!! :D

Steve.

There are quite a few MM cards on Ancestry.