Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

What is this Uniform?

aussiekate

i know that he was in the Royal Horse Artillery, and i am wondering if that photo is of that uniform, he was born in 1882 and i would guess that he was about 18 in the photo.

thanks

Kate

post-55742-023501800 1279496407.jpg

Looks more like a rifleman's uniform to me (although is that a riding whip in his right hand?) - but I'm no expert and I'm sure others will give you a more constructive response. Sorry. Antony

Certainly looks like RHA to me given the collar dogs and patrols. Blues walking out dress possibly???

Cheers,

Martin

Walking out dress certainly and looks quite right for a gunner.

I knew that others would be better informed. However, I didn't take the collar dogs to be the flaming bomb. I thought the RHA bomb had a scroll beneath. Was this absent when used on the collar? Antony

I knew that others would be better informed. However, I didn't take the collar dogs to be the flaming bomb. I thought the RHA bomb had a scroll beneath. Was this absent when used on the collar? Antony

The collar badge bombs for other ranks during this period were plain for both Royal Artillery & Royal Engineers, the "Ubique" scroll was to be found on officers SD collar badges(except T.F.)