Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

War Diary

DCliff

Having completed the research into my grandfathers service, I also have his diary and demob certificate. The diary covers his time from signing up in 1916 and training at Forest Hall, sailing on xmas day 1916 and his journey through France and on to Salonika before going on to Egypt and finaly back to France via Taranro. He touches on many facts that may be of interest to others. The original is intact but fragile condition, but I have scanned all pages and if anyone is interested please get in touch. The scanned files are in hi res and too large to upload here.

Hi Dave. What was your GFs name and with which Rgt did he serve?

His name was William Ernest Clifford and served with the Royal Inniskilling fusiliers, Royal Leicester Regiment anf the South Staffordshire Regiment. Reg No-30346.

Hi Dave

I would be very interested in looing through the content of your Grandfathers diary. My own Grandfater William Francis Hilsley Reg No. 680686 served as a C/Sgt within 2/22 London Regiment and saw service in Theatre - France, The Balkans, Salonika & Egypt and was also wounded 7.11.18 . Unfortunatey, my Grandmother failed to keep any of his personal information relating to his experiences including his medals. So any information you have would be very much appreciated,

Regards

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dave

I would be very interested in looing through the content of your Grandfathers diary. My own Grandfater William Francis Hilsley Reg No. 680686 served as a C/Sgt within 2/22 London Regiment and saw service in Theatre - France, The Balkans, Salonika & Egypt and was also wounded 7.11.18 . Unfortunatey, my Grandmother failed to keep any of his personal information relating to his experiences including his medals. So any information you have would be very much appreciated,

Regards

John

Hi John, I can send you hard copies scanned in hi-res or on cd if you let me have your address. The files are to large to email.