Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Best Books for Gallipoli

Kai Mahoney

And as an opportunity to get away from the plethora of books on the land based campaign on Gallipoli there is a really good read on the naval activity on the area called

Gallipoli, attack from the sea by Victor Rudenno. I also read a book that was based on the air aspect of the campaign but for the life of me I cannot remember its name

but as I recall it was a fairly new edition and would probably be available.

For anyone interested in the Irish perspective of Gallipoli I would recommend Field of Bones by Philip Orr. A recent general history is that by IWM oral historIan Peter Hart's Gallipoli which, in typical Peter Hart style, draws on a large range of primary sources.

Carole

• 1 year later...
On 9/25/2014 at 03:03, David B said:

And as an opportunity to get away from the plethora of books on the land based campaign on Gallipoli there is a really good read on the naval activity on the area called

Gallipoli, attack from the sea by Victor Rudenno. I also read a book that was based on the air aspect of the campaign but for the life of me I cannot remember its name

but as I recall it was a fairly new edition and would probably be available.

If you do not mind how detailed is this book about the activities of the submarines? Does it use primary sources in the notes or bibliography or the usual secondary works type of compilation.