Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Tank use in the Second Battle of Gaza

iain mchenry

Puk,

The photo remainds me of the one from Ottoman sourses that being HMLS Nutty, when left in the defences of Tank Redout

The Ottomans used it as part of there trench systemimage.jpeg.7498ff37f5aa8edb8fcfedec367b4018.jpeg 

Tank Gaza.jpg

Nice to hear from you Steven Becker . The days of the old NZMR association forum long gone . Yes it has been suggested to me by a respected NZ  historian that it is HMLS Nutty . Check out my other photos from this lot on my Facebook page Unknown Warriors of the NZEF minus a couple I couldn't publish  because they show dead people and in Facebook world dead people don't  exist as in  images' of corpse's  . Cheers Iain /Puk 

Mate,

yes it also depends on when the photo was taken.

All abandoned tanks under went many changes until Nov 1917 when the line advanced passed the Gaza Trenches.

They became a snap shot for so many soldiers during a visit long after, again it took time to clear the old battlefields 

S.B

HMLS Nutty 2nd Gaza.jpg

My photograph album once belonged to Pte M2-229810 George W Earl of the Army Service Corps. He appears to have been employed to drive a Holt Tractor to tow artillery pieces and recover tanks from the Gaza battlefields during the campaign. 

Battle of Gaza 012.JPG

Edited by high wood