Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

royal scots

hi can anyone help, im trying to find as much info as possible about pte thomas sturge 44854 who served with the royal scots, all i have so far is his medal card.

Going by his service number, I would say he was in one of the service battalions, possibly the 11th or 12th and he joined post January,1916. I have seen a batch of men with similar(ish) number who went to the 12th Royal Scots June/July 1916. Do you have any more details on him at all?

John

Going by his service number, I would say he was in one of the service battalions, possibly the 11th or 12th and he joined post January,1916. I have seen a batch of men with similar(ish) number who went to the 12th Royal Scots June/July 1916. Do you have any more details on him at all?

John

if it is the man im looking for the only extra info i have is that he was born in 1899 and his middle name was daniel. proberbly not much help?

Can't really add a lot more, if this the man you are looking for, he resided in the Parish of Edmonton in Middlesex, you might want to try the local paper for this area to see if he is mentioned, he appears to have survived the war.

John

Can't really add a lot more, if this the man you are looking for, he resided in the Parish of Edmonton in Middlesex, you might want to try the local paper for this area to see if he is mentioned, he appears to have survived the war.

John

thanks,sounds like the right area he was north london,was the royal scots man thomas sturge definately from edmonton then, if so could be him. Will