Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Family photographs

Richard Matlock

Hello all , picked these 3 photos up from a flea market separetly, i think they are the same family but make your own mind up anyway any help with information ie badges and caps etc greatly accepted.

Thanks again Rich M :blink::poppy::ph34r:

second one

Last , family wedding ?

post-35112-1278254151.jpg

post-35112-1278254258.jpg

post-35112-1278254310.jpg

Left hand man in photos 2 & 3 is a sergeant in the Canadian (check his collars) He's also the groom in the group photo. Judging by the flaming grenade emblem above his chevrons I'd place him in the Engineers, though his cap-badge doesn't look like the regular CE's badge (the image is too underexposed to be certain).

Looks like the other guy is his brother? The pic is a bit too feint to accurately state the cap badge. Looks like a scroll surmounted by a device of some kind, thought at first it was a Maltese cross, but now I'm not so sure....

A sergeant in the Canadian Engineers, and his brother who is a lance-corporal in the British army, I reckon.

IMO same family on two different occasions. Wedding photo shows two (i think) corporals on middle row but the other two photos show the corporal on the left of the middle row promoted to sergeant whereas the second chap appears to have been demoted to lance corporal. Other experts will be able to comment on the 7 and 5 button tunics I am sure

I'd say that the Sergeant in the stdio portraits is the groom in the group portrait, not the MGC cpl on the left..