Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Percival (Percy) Douglas Sharpe

Jonathan D'Hooghe

I am trying to help a neighbour discover any info about his relative Percival (Percy) Douglas Sharpe 12215 the Lincs Rgt and later 402427 the Labour Corps.

There is a family photo of Percy showing a wound stripe on his arm, so I assume it was after this wound that he was transferred to the Labour Corps.

I have found a MIC showing that Percy went overseas on 4 Nov 1915 and his theatre was 2B - which is Gallipoli. Looking at the LLT, it would appear that the only battalion of Lincs to serve at Gallipoli was the 6th (service) Bn as part of 33rd Bde of 11th (Northern) Divn. After Gallipoli, the bn went to Egypt in Jan 1916 and back to France in July 1916 - the bn was then in action until the war's end in 1918.

Assuming that my guesses are correct, can anyone with an expertise in the Lincs add any more to the possible story?

It would appear that his service record did not survive but the MIC shows "Cl Z" - which I believe is that he was placed on the Army Reserve list. This is potentially surprising as the family believe that he was never well enough to work again after the war and passed away in the 1930s.

Thanks

Jonathan