Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Lance Corporal D J Tait

rudhach

Researching a relative of my wife Lance Corporal D J Tait 295909 Royal Scots Fusiliers, 12th Ayr & Lanrk Yeomanry) Bn. He died of wounds on 09/12/17 and is buried in Jerusalem. I have established he was mentioned in dispatches. Is there anywhere where the details of what actions would have led to this are recorded. I have looked at the London Gazette and can't make head or tail of it!

Any help would be appreciated.

I can't provide details of his specific deed(s), but the action would have been the 2nd Battle of Gaza, 19th April 1917. As examples of MiDs for this day, the details of four awarded to 1/5th KOSB men were: two stretcher bearers, one signaller and one CQMS for organising the supply of ammunition.

Stuart

• 2 weeks later...
I can't provide details of his specific deed(s), but the action would have been the 2nd Battle of Gaza, 19th April 1917. As examples of MiDs for this day, the details of four awarded to 1/5th KOSB men were: two stretcher bearers, one signaller and one CQMS for organising the supply of ammunition.

Stuart

Thanks,

He had died by the time his MiD was gazetted. Will get his service record and work on from there.

Thanks again.