Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Canadian Artillery Cap badge

Terry Carter

Am I right in thinking that the Canadian Artillery badge during WW1 was the same as the British Artillery cap badge.

Cheers

Terry

No. The Canadian version had "Canada" on the top scroll (presumably since the Canadian Artillery hadn't been "Ubique"). Also, many batteries had versions with the battery number superimposed, although these were probably replaced by the standard version overseas.

During the Second War the Royal Canadian Artillery badge was the same as the Royal Artillery.

And I am desperately seeking a 36 th Overseas Battery example!

TT

Hello Terry

Some were similar, & some were numbered with the Battalion # they were a bit more elborate with a raised wheel on connon, will find my book & try to send photos.

regards Bob

Am I right in thinking that the Canadian Artillery badge during WW1 was the same as the British Artillery cap badge.

Cheers

Terry

TT

OdakimCorp.gif you might try this shop in calgary, canada type odakim into search also known as Shoulder to Shoulder. he has photos of badges available on line

TT

036cef-coll.jpgis this the one you were looking for regards bob

Negative....the badge I seek is like your example posted in #7. I have a tunic with correct collars and seek the badge to go. I do not know what your 36 badge is? The collars on my tunic are similar, but 36 is surrounded by Overseas Battery and the numerals smaller.

Thanks

TT

Negative....the badge I seek is like your example posted in #7. I have a tunic with correct collars and seek the badge to go. I do not know what your 36 badge is? The collars on my tunic are similar, but 36 is surrounded by Overseas Battery and the numerals smaller.

Thanks

TT

will look some more,

will look some more,

should have read your post better, (Arty) badge posted is Canadian 36th Overseas Bn. (Inf.)