Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Reginald hilliard Hibernian FC Footballer ?

davidhughhill

Some time ago i bought these medals on Ebay , 200463 Reginald hilliard 4th Royal Scots , at the time the vendor was informed by several people that he had played , at some time , for Hibernian F.C. .

Could anyone confirm this ?

Are you there Mr Alexander ?

Davie

Hello davie I am a lifelong Hibs fan and my friend check up his database and it came up zero.So he has sent a E-mail to a Hibs Historian for more Information as soon he returns from hoilday.

maybe he has the information you need

best reguards IanAnder

Hello davie I am a lifelong Hibs fan :lol::lol::lol:

You poor man !!

Only kidding thanks for the reply .

Davie

Was this you, doing some research back in 2006? Right HERE.

So maybe you're going to draw a blank on this one.

Though you know what they say about smoke and fire? Maybe it was another team?

Or a sales pitch, rather than a football pitch?

thanks for that , I stop looking for him. I agree A Sale pitch!!!!!!

IanAnder

Ian,

You want to buy two Royal Scots Trios(not) who were allegedly Hearts Supporters? :D

George

Was this you, doing some research back in 2006? Right HERE.

So maybe you're going to draw a blank on this one.

Though you know what they say about smoke and fire? Maybe it was another team?

Or a sales pitch, rather than a football pitch?

No sales pitch or any other pitch .

I did ask about this soldier before and not only here many other places as well .

There are probably about a thousand new members since the last time i posted this and like the previous post may know something i don't .

There is always someone who thinks the worst of other people .

I only buy medals and don't sell so i resent your inuendo .

Davie

And as for you george if you mention these two trio's again i think i will scream.

No sales pitch or any other pitch .

I did ask about this soldier before and not only here many other places as well .

There are probably about a thousand new members since the last time i posted this and like the previous post may know something i don't .

There is always someone who thinks the worst of other people .

I only buy medals and don't sell so i resent your inuendo .

Davie

And as for you george if you mention these two trio's again i think i will scream.

Mate, no, I'm not suggesting that the sales pitch was yours, I was suggesting that the pitch was the dealer's. Sorry if it didn't come across that way, but that is honestly what I meant.

Mate, no, I'm not suggesting that the sales pitch was yours, I was suggesting that the pitch was the dealer's. Sorry if it didn't come across that way, but that is honestly what I meant.

.....and I was saying that there's no smoke without fire, so maybe he did play football, but for another team.

Davie,

I will check my Dad's Diary again to see the date the Hearts played Aberdeen at Pittrodrie. :D

George

.....and I was saying that there's no smoke without fire, so maybe he did play football, but for another team.

I apologise now that i read it again in a new light Ican see what you mean . :wub:

I hope the Hibbie see's it different now B)

Davie

I wait to see what hibs historian comes up with

Ianander :thumbsup:

Hi there Davie sorry but the man in question didnt play for Hibs. I have just heard from Hibs historian and I will give you this link for you to check it out http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=2...;mid=2121246993

Sorry but it doesn't Help you

best reguards IanAnder

Hi Davie

Not a Hibs conection, but there is a Reginald Hilliard, 4th Royal Scots promoted Sgt 1915,who is given a short one line in both the George Watson's 1914-1918 ROH [attended 1888] and the Royal High School [attended 1897]. Both these schools were known for their sports XI and XV. Maybe he played for them.

Regards

LIT

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks to you both for the replies .

LIT I had a pint with your uncle rab in the DooCot a few months ago and he gave me the booklet you wrote on your family history very interesting .

He told me he once had the family medals and thinks they may have gone missing in a house move .

Awe the Best

Davie

Hi Davie

A small world! Not sure where Rab currently is with the DooCot being renovated. The family medals are a mystery to us all. I keep scanning E-Bay and various antique shops and fairs in the hope that I might find one set one day.

Cheers for now.

LIT