Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

map 57c

andrew pugh

Good morning all.

Can anyone tell please what portion of map 57c I need that covers Bertincourt,Bus, Velu Wood all the way over to Villers au Flos, Bancourt and Fremicourt ect as close to 1918 as possible.I understand that they only come on a CD rom,can or is there anywhere I can purchase a paper version, because I want to plot out the movements of certain units during the March Retreat of 1918.

Another Question please if some one can help, where would the location of the Green Line and the Red Line show on the map between Batastre and Haplicourt on the 21st March up to the 24th March?

Regards Andy Pugh

Andy,

Bertincourt is 57c SE P1,2,7&8. Bus is 57c SW O.24. Velu Wood is 57c NE J.31.all the way over to Villers au Flos is 57c SW O.7, Bancourt is 57c NW H.36 and Fremicourt is 57c NW I.25. I have a 1:40,000 57c November 1017 map but without trenches shown and a 57c NE 1:20,000 April 1917 with trenches which just covers Velu Wood. Can’t help with the Batastre and Haplicourt query.

Regards

TEW

Andy

I believe you can purchase prints of maps from the IWM.

Peter

Andy

I believe you can purchase prints of maps from the IWM.

Peter

Could you please post a link to it ?. MC

Good Evening All.

Sorry I'm a bit late in replying, Thank you very much for the information on map 57c.

Regards Andy

MC

Sorry I missed your question, I sent an email to iwmshop@iwm.org.uk stating what I wanted. They replied quite quickly with a price and I got the maps I wanted.

Peter

Peter

Try this.

John

post-1365-1275673765.jpg

"Another Question please if some one can help, where would the location of the Green Line and the Red Line show on the map between Batastre and Haplicourt on the 21st March up to the 24th March?"

Andy

Here is a scan from "The History of the 2nd Division" by Everard Wyrall. It shows the general area of the retreat from Velu Wood to Bapaume from March 21st to 23rd. It details where the various brigades of the 2nd division were placed during the period.the Green line is dotted.

post-44450-1275760266.jpg

Andy

I see my scan didn't turn out very well. I have a far better scan at higher resolution which I can send to you by email, which you should be able to print. I also have another map showing the Green and Red lines.

PM me if you want me to email them.