Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Egypt

maryann laxton

Hi Guys,

I wonder if any one would mind helping me out on this one, you guys gave me a lot of invaluable information in the past which i am very grateful for as i was a total novice at WW1 now i have a deeper appreciation of it all,

My Granddad went to the Med on 25/11/1915 and stayed until 10/1/1917 with the 1st batt of the Royal Dublin Fusiliers, now my questions is where would he have been, initially he was with the 4th reserves and a lot of people have told me they never left Ireland, but i have been extremly lucky in getting his records and it clearly states he went to the med.

Total appreciation from anyone who can help this novice woman trying to reasearch her grandads movements.

Thanks

Maryann

Aus.

Maryann,

There is a link here to the Long, Long Trail. It shows the 1st, 6th and 7th served in the general area from Gallipoli, Salonika and Egypt.

Is there any mention of a battalion in the records or the MIC?

Cheers Andy.

Maryann,

There is a link here to the Long, Long Trail. It shows the 1st, 6th and 7th served in the general area from Gallipoli, Salonika and Egypt.

Is there any mention of a battalion in the records or the MIC?

Cheers Andy.

Thanks Andy will have a look at the long long trail, he was with the 4th reserves and on his army records they posted him with the 1st battalion on 25/11/1915.

Again thanks for any help

Cheers

Maryann