Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

KRRC cap badge please

Muerrisch

Going to Ypres today week to lay wreath on my wife's g-father's grave Hooge, have wreath, would like to make a KRRC King's Crown centre-piece.

Please can someone let me have a decent photo of the real thing?

Thanks in advance.

The RBL can supply a KRRC centrepiece - perhaps a call to their local organiser could expedite one in time for your trip?

Chris, thanks, it has proved beyond local RBL to do other than provide a wreath without centre-piece for which I am very grateful. In between wreath arriving 10 minutes ago and getting on the ferry I will have to make my own I am sure!

Easy task to print, laminate and add it in if I have a good master photo for starters.

Hello both,

The RBL sometimes get it wrong too I'm afraid. At the funeral of a veteran I knew, who had served in the Rifle Brigade, I was amused (as he would have been too, I'm sure) to see the wreath on his coffin complete with KRRC badge!

The unsuspecting family had not realised when they placed it on his box. I thought it wise and diplomatic to keep silent on the matter.

Luckily Allen had a good sense of humour. We were discussing the WFA, of which we were both members, not long before his death. He was bemoaning the fact that a similar group did not exist to study WW2, as he was a veteran of both world wars. He was also hoping that the WFA could address itself to attracting younger members in light of its seemingly aging membership.

At that point I suggested we watch the membership figures over the next few years. His reply was 'I don't think it will worry me' (he was just about 100 at this point) I replied 'Don't worry, I'll hold a séance and let you know' His answer 'Don't bother I'll contact you via the internet'

Absolutely priceless. Bless you Allen, wherever you are!!

Tocemma

Grumpy,

had a search and found a picture of an actual cap badge - hope it is useable. Sent to you as an e-mail attachment.

Grumpy. I have photographed the badge I have, let me have your email address and I will send, see what you think of it. Ralph.