Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Erased Medals

Arnhem44

Every day that I seem to go online it appears that there is an ever increasing amount of erased and unnamed/erased medals for sale,has anyone else noticed?,even now at the moment a 1914 Star is up for grabs.Have these medals always been available or is it a case I haven't noticed before.

Brendan

Funnily enough it seems to be the same one or two sellers who list these erased medals Brendan.

I have a feeling that they are doing this themselves, as the photos show them to be pretty fresh looking around the erased rims.

SteveJ.

Hi Steve,it's funny you say that,one of the sellers I've noticed has page after page of feedback with erased medals listed from previous sales.It just seems that there's more available these days than before,to me anyway.It's sad to think that so many medals are been treated like this.

Brendan

I can't think why anyone would erase a star since surely it would be worth more with absolutely any name on it?

One possible explanation is that they've been dealing for years, gradually accumulated near-worthless erased medals, and are putting them out now that it's become worthwhile to do so.