Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Pte. H Elford 2 S.A.R.

Rory Reynolds

Hi all

The German East Africa theatre is not well explored and very little has been written about it.

I am researching the above chap who "Died of Wounds" accidentally on patrol on 25/26 July 1916. It would appear that this was in the Iringa area.

I am hoping that someone has some info what action was taking place on or around those dates.

All information would be highly appreciated.

Regards

Rory

Sorry but I found some more information. http:/en.wilkipedia.org/wiki/EAST_AFRICAN_campaign_ (World_War_1).

cheers Ianander

I am researching the above chap who "Died of Wounds" accidentally on patrol on 25/26 July 1916. It would appear that this was in the Iringa area.

Rory

I had a quick read of the OH last night and there was an action at Malangali on the 24th July 1916 which appears to have involved the 2/SAR but with no real details. 2 squadrons of 2/SAR were with Rodger's column and two with Hawthorn's column as part of the Nyasaland/Rhodesia Field Force under Brigadier-General E. Northey but obviously I can't tell which column Private Elford was with. I guess it's possible that his wounds were received then?

Regards

Steve

Thanks cchaps

You've given me something to work with.

Regards

Rory