Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Photo Identification

terraheyez2k7

Shaun

I'll have the first stab at it. Is there a Yorkshire connection? I believe they show three different men.

Man's cap badge in left hand photo has the appearance of The Leeds Pals (15th Bn. West Yorkshire Regiment) about it.

Man at back in right hand photo appears to me to be a Territorial in the Duke of Wellington's (West Riding) Regiment but I can't make out the badge of the man front right.

Regards

Steve

Hey thanks! Well as far as i know there is no yorkshire connection, as far as i know they are from London, Marylebone/ East end. Are they WW1??

Hi

Middlesex regt on the left with lady she is wearing the badge on her coat.

The two on the right are 20th London Standing and by the shape of the flame I would say R Welsh Fusiliers seated

regards

John

man in the first photo is wearing the sort of fur jerkin issued in the winter of 1914/15

Middlesex regt on the left with lady she is wearing the badge on her coat.

The two on the right are 20th London Standing and by the shape of the flame I would say R Welsh Fusiliers seated

Ignore my poor attempt, these are much better.

Concur that lady is wearing Middlesex badge on her coat, hadn't noticed that but can't see his as the same (although it probably is).

20th London's is definitely a better shout than DOWs too.

Steve

Only a thought: could the chap seated in the right photo be Northumberland Fusiliers?

Hey! Thanks been very helpful. From what i know they guy in the left photo and the guy sitting down is the same guy. Is this possible? Is it possible that the one on the left is WW1 and the right WW2??

No all WW1

Not Northumberland Fusiliers Flame is the wrong shape the only fusiliers with that shaped flame is the RWF.

regards

John

Hi

if you know the name put it in the NA MIC search and add both Middlesex and Royal Welsh Fusiliers if both come up Bingo.

John

The guy standing on the left photo would he be middlesex also?

The guy seated on the right, would the stripes on his arm mean corporal?

• Admin
man in the first photo is wearing the sort of fur jerkin issued in the winter of 1914/15

and withdrawn in 1916 when replaced by a lined leather jerkin so that dates it fairly accurately (they were sometimes called 'stinkers' due to the 'parfum de chevre')

Ken

Hey! Thanks been very helpful. From what i know they guy in the left photo and the guy sitting down is the same guy. Is this possible? Is it possible that the one on the left is WW1 and the right WW2??

I wondered about whether they were the same chap the woman certainly appears the same ? wife

Jerry

This was my thinking, but if they're both WW1 this is impossible. The couple on the left are at least 10 years younger than those on the right.