Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Warwickshire Yeomanry

liliasodell

I have a transcribed copy of the diaries of Pte R C Burbage, Warwicks Yeomanry. Of any interest to anyone?

I have a transcribed copy of the diaries of Pte R C Burbage, Warwicks Yeomanry. Of any interest to anyone?

Yes we have one in the Warwickshire Yeomanry Museum and I have an electronic copy here also. It makes interesting reading especially as it contains an index of places and names. It correlates well with other information we have in the Museum. Its a good starting point for those interested in recruit training at Tidworth October 1916 - March 1917. Burbage was then sent out in a draft to Alexandria in March 1917 and remained with Warwickshire Yeomanry until Feb 1919.

The Diary can also be found at the University of Birmingham, Centre for First World War Studies within Forgotten Lives of the Great War.

www.firstworldwar.bham.ac.uk/forgotten/burbage.htm

I have permission to quote from it - others wishing to do so should seek permission from Anne Nolan direct whose email address can be found in the Forgotten Lives entry.

Philip Wilson

Warwickshire Yeomanry Museum Trustee.

• 1 month later...

Hello - I joined the GWF very recently and I am reserching the Yeomanry. I would be very grateful if you could send me the diary. Thanks

Martin

Hello - I joined the GWF very recently and I am reserching the Yeomanry. I would be very grateful if you could send me the diary. Thanks

Martin

Martin

Hello. I'm afraid my old pc with the diary on died suddenly. However, you can find how to get this on the museum site - www.warwickshire-yeomanry-museum.co.uk Good luck with your research.

Hello. I'm afraid my old pc with the diary on died suddenly. However, you can find how to get this on the museum site - www.warwickshire-yeomanry-museum.co.uk Good luck with your research.

Arthur thanks for the plug re our new website which is attracting a fair degree of interest. Work has commenced to scope out further developments to our digital archives, in accordance with the Museum's Forward Plan 2010-13.

The contact details for Pte Burbage's Diary can be found within the WkY Website under booklist and published works.

Philip