Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Peter Kearns

Arnhem44

Hello all,this soldier was brought to my attention yesterday by an uncle who had his Grandfather in the war,his details are minimal.I've been told that Peter Kerins lived at possible addresses at a place called Bath Avenue and Canal Street in Dublin,after the war his name is then spelt Kearns.I've checked the names on the MIC's on the National Archives and there is no P or Peter Kerins Listed but there is a small list of P and Peter Kearns listed,yesterday I was told he served as a medic however there is no Kearns listed as been in the RAMC so he must of been in some other branch of service.I know this is a long shot but any help would be great.On the cencus records below show Peter Kerins as been aged 16 in 1911.

Brendan

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/page...h_Avenue/10707/

Hi Brendan this may be your man.?

Peter Kearns 71938 M.G.C. & 21858 R.D.F.-14/15 Trio.22 pages of records on Ancestry,address on records 8 Upper Grand,Canal Street Dublin. :thumbsup:

All the best Gary.

Gary thank you kindly for that info,I just looked at Google maps and Canal St. is in fact called Grand Canal St and just off Bath Avenue like my Uncle said,I would have to say this is the Peter Kearns in question,just wondered if his age is given on any of the pages on Ancestry.Once again thank you for your time and help,my Uncle will be delighted to finally know this.

Brendan

Brendan had another look and he was 25 on discharge and was married,another thing in his records was that he was in the R.A.M.C for 69 days.If you p.m. me with your email I`ll see what I can send you.

Gary.