Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help needed

Cenowski

Im wondering if is anyone who can help me with any information on some issues relating to my Great Grandfather..... Im fairly new to to WW1 history relating to any western european countries and only recently i have been searching into it.....

I would like to know how the recruitment for Regiments worked in WW1 as my Grandfather who was from Worcestershire went into the Durham Light Infantry instead of the local Worcestershire regiment..... i dont know wether it worked on local people to local Regiments only..... Also if anyone could help on any pictures or resources relating to the DLI..... I aquired many papers of his on a uk site called Ancestry.co.uk and the info i have of dates and units are as follows

Name:Walter John Price

B.O.B:1888

Attested: 11.12.1915

Mobolized 27.07.1915

Reg Number: 326689

Served in Salonika Nov 1916-June 1918

Spent time in 2/7th, 2/9th, 5 Res, 10th

If any one has any copies of DLI War diaries, photos or letters involving any info on this person please let me know, would be of great help

Cenowski,

Looks like he was a Derby Scheme man.

See here: The Derby Scheme on The Long, Long Trail

If you have his Attestation Form there may be a Box in the top right corner. That indicates which Group he was assigned to.

Cheers,

Mark

Cenowski,

Looks like he was a Derby Scheme man.

See here: The Derby Scheme on The Long, Long Trail

If you have his Attestation Form there may be a Box in the top right corner. That indicates which Group he was assigned to.

Cheers,

Mark

I have got many of his forms but im not sure which one is the Attestation one, is many titled, Short service, Descriptive Rep of Enlistment.....

Maybe it would be this one in link im not sure.....

1-2.jpg

Image13.jpg

Is anyone better than reading this writting and can transliterate some of what is there, i cant make out much of it, also is anything that sticks out?

Also does any one know what BI stands for on medical records of discharge?