Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Reserve Field Artillery Regiment 51. (20/04/1916)

SPOOKER

20 April: Today I heard that three night bombing [i.e. hand-grenade] raids by the enemy had been beaten off in the captured trench sections in front of ?English Farm [Engländerferme]. The 40 British prisoners were in the church at Westroosebeke this morning. The enemy's losses are said to be high, at Wieltje especially, and their trenches heavily damaged. There was no news yet of our own losses. - I am curious about the daily reports on each side! In our experience, those of the British have been fairly honest so far. - There is the prospect of leave again.

Adrian

20 April: Today I heard that three night bombing [i.e. hand-grenade] raids by the enemy had been beaten off in the captured trench sections in front of ?English Farm [Engländerferme]. The 40 British prisoners were in the church at Westroosebeke this morning. The enemy's losses are said to be high, at Wieltje especially, and their trenches heavily damaged. There was no news yet of our own losses. - I am curious about the daily reports on each side! In our experience, those of the British have been fairly honest so far. - There is the prospect of leave again.

Adrian

Thanks very much,much appreciated,tried to e-mail you but your inbox is full.

Regards John.