Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Black Watch soldier

Old Tom

A relative has a photo of a soldier of the Black Watch. It is annotated with the date 10 March 1916 believed to be the day he was killed. His given name was Alvin and his family name possibly Harker or Stubbs. I would be grateful if any member can track him down.

Old Tom

A relative has a photo of a soldier of the Black Watch. It is annotated with the date 10 March 1916 believed to be the day he was killed. His given name was Alvin and his family name possibly Harker or Stubbs. I would be grateful if any member can track him down.

Old Tom

Hi,I think this is your man.

Alvin Harker Mohun

No 13227

Died 2 07 16

F&F

Machine Gun Corp(Infantry)

Formerly R.Highlanders No.11926

Old Tom

Thanks for that. I don't sppose there were many Alvins in the Black Watch, a transfer to the MGC is quite possible, and the date of death I had was uncertain.

Old Tom

Thanks for that. I don't sppose there were many Alvins in the Black Watch, a transfer to the MGC is quite possible, and the date of death I had was uncertain.

Old Tom

CWGC has the following detail:

MOHUN, ALVIN HARKERInitials:A HNationality:United KingdomRank:PrivateRegiment/Service:Machine Gun Corps (Infantry)Date of Death:02/07/1916Service No:13227Additional information:Son of George and Isabel Harker Mohun, of 9, Boosbeck Rd., Skelton-in-Cleveland, Yorks.Casualty Type:Commonwealth War DeadGrave/Memorial Reference:V. W. I.Cemetery:DANTZIG ALLEY BRITISH CEMETERY, MAMETZ

There is also an A Harker Black Watch as follows:

Name:HARKERInitials:ANationality:United KingdomRank:PrivateRegiment/Service:Black Watch (Royal Highlanders)Unit Text:2nd Bn.Date of Death:16/01/1916Service No:S/10285Casualty Type:Commonwealth War DeadGrave/Memorial Reference:XXXI. A. 12.Cemetery:AMARA WAR CEMETERY

Old Tom

Old Tom