Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

pte Jh stewart 6749

ander11

Hello can anyone tell me more about pte JH stewart,where he enlisted and where and when he was born.

Pte Jh stewart

royal scots fusiliers

1st/5th bn

died 17/04/1916

army no 6749

Cheers Ianander

Hello can anyone tell me more about pte JH stewart,where he enlisted and where and when he was born.

Pte Jh stewart

royal scots fusiliers

1st/5th bn

died 17/04/1916

army no 6749

Cheers Ianander

Do you have his MIC Ianander? it shows he arrived in the Balkans 06/06/15 and is entitled to the 15 Star trio, the JH is James Hill, no service record exists.

sorry But I don't have his MIC , That's another one of my list that doesn't match what I looking for

cheer roughdiamond many thanks Ianander

hi the riaydee thanks for the information, that the wrong j stewart I am looking for

cheers Iander , one more is of my list

:unsure: Hi thanks for your help,but I tell you what I do know.

I don't have any army nos or his service history. I have 1 picture of john stewart in tropical uniform,and I have 3 certifcates of my grans his daughter, 06/2/1903 john simpson stewart got married to frances husband when he was 20, his father also john stewart (typefounder), mother catherine stewart-nee- mcdonald.

his wife frances husband ( domestic servant) - father james husband (colliery labourer)- mother- esther Husband - nee byres.

My gran was born at 7 robertson bank gorebridge midlothian -23/05/1906 , it has her father as john simpson stewart -(coal miner).

on my gran marriage cert 04/12/1925, it has john simpson stewart (coal miner ) deceased.

but my grans death cert, it has john stewart private the royal scots.

when my gran was alive no one was aloud to talk of him,bringing back the bad memories when she was a young girl . really that all I have got and I still need the link from him to the royal scots

cheers malcolm many thanks Ianander