Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

British Red Cross Enquiry List for Wounded and Missing

gnr.ktrha

Hello Folks,

I have heard of the above books being republished for various dates during the war and I was wondering if any members had copies? You see, I have been trying to find out roughly when 560487 Pnr. Harold G Peckham was captured, though I suspect it was probably in March 1918. Can anyone have a wee look in their copies of the list and see if he is listed at anytime after Dec. 1915 [he was not entitled to any of the Star medals, so must have landed post that date]

Thanks for looking,

Stewart

Hello Steve,

Sorry, I never noticed that I had not mentioned that he was in the Royal Engineers. Thanks for checking your list, it's a pity he's not there. I think it is most likely that he was captured in March 1918.

Terry,

Can I ask how you know his exact unit? I do have, somewhere, the unit he was with when capture. He wrote it on a POW card he sent to his father. I will dig it out and post the details later tonight.

Regards,

Stewart

Stewart

From the number block issued to his unit when the TF were re-numbered in 1917. There are some anomalies with these numbers, but I think this is likely to be correct.

TR