Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

2X MIC for same soldier

t1418w

Can you help please.

Is it possible for a soldier to have 2 MIC cards. I am researching Pte E Woolley Royal Warwickshire Regiment. There are 2 Mic one showing Reg no 2447 & one 200483. Is this the same person.

Thanks

Tony

Hi Tony. I have seen a couple of examples of two MIC's, though only spelling corrections. Someone may correct me, but don't think they are same man. 200483 did not serve abroad until 1916 at earliest, while 2447 entered France 22/5/1915

There may be another explanation, and I am happy to be corrected.

Cheers Mike

Hi Tony they are one and the same man,12 pages of Service Records for your man with the two numbers on them.

All the best Gary.

Tony

Having more than one MIC is not that unusual. I have medals to James Kemp and 3 MIC one for his 15 Star in the Royal Scots. Next for his Pair in the RSF and the last one showing his award of the SWB and transfer to the RDC.

I have several others with 2 MIC'S usually showing transfers.

Alun

Looks like he was a territorial, all territorial numbers changed from 4 to 6 digits in 1916 I think, without checking.

Don't start me on Territorial Numbers. :D

One Uncle has two MIC's,one for his 1914 Star and the other for his War and Victory Medals.His Brother,however,has only one MIC listing his Trio entitlement.The younger Brother(my other Uncle) was a 1915 casualty so did not get caught up in the TF renumbering exercise. :lol:

George

p.s.Alun,both Royal Scots and yes I have their Medals.

Hi all.

Thank you for your help & comments. Garry how do I obtain a copy of the service records you refer to.

Thanks again

Tony