Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

2nd Battalion, West Yorkshire Regiment

GraemeClarke

Hi

Researching

Private 58671 Elias BICKLEY

2nd Battalion, West Yorkshire Regiment (Prince of Wales’s Own)

Kia in Belgium on Friday 22 February 1918

Can anyone tell me what his battalion was up to on this date, please.

The War Diary would be much appreciated.

Regards,

Graeme

Hi.

Move south on the 21st from Wizernes, then Somme Canal area covering retirement of 50th Division.

Their position being east of Brei.

Under the command of Lieutenant-Colonel A.E. Lowry.

Hope that helps.

Chris.

These comrades were casualties the same day.

Whilst some are also on the Memorial, others do have graves, so you might be able to locate the general area...

001 ANSLOW SJ 40608 2ND BN 22/02/1918 WEST YORKSHIRE REGIMENT (PRINCE OF WALES'S OWN)

002 BALLS J 60196 2ND BN 22/02/1918 WEST YORKSHIRE REGIMENT (PRINCE OF WALES'S OWN)

003 BICKLEY E 58671 2ND BN 22/02/1918 WEST YORKSHIRE REGIMENT (PRINCE OF WALES'S OWN)

004 HALL D 40478 2ND BN 22/02/1918 WEST YORKSHIRE REGIMENT (PRINCE OF WALES'S OWN)

005 LOUDONSACK CF 8414 2ND BN 22/02/1918 WEST YORKSHIRE REGIMENT (PRINCE OF WALES'S OWN)

006 PARKINSON E 53039 2ND BN 22/02/1918 WEST YORKSHIRE REGIMENT (PRINCE OF WALES'S OWN)

007 TULLETT J 8544 2ND BN 22/02/1918 WEST YORKSHIRE REGIMENT (PRINCE OF WALES'S OWN)

Hope that's of some assistance..

Hi Graeme.

I am at the N.A. next week.

Pretty busy schedule, but, if i get the time, and, the thread is the specific date you are interested in, i will see what i can do.

Best bet. Drop me a PM if you can.

I need to look at the War Diary as regards 1916 regarding my own research anyhow. I can always put something on the 'back burner' as they say.

Just a question. What is your interest in this chap?

Kindest regards.

Chris.

Hi Chris et all,

Many thanks for the offer PM sent but please do not worry too much. If you have time, all well and good, if not, thats OK.

I have been researching Walsall and area Rolls of Honour for a number of years now and hes on the Walall RoH. He is one of the men I have very little on.

Regards,

Graeme