Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

King's Regiment Liverpool 2nd Batt

TonyWBaxter

Any help please.

I have found a passenger list for the 15th Nov 1919. It has my grand mother, my dad and two uncles on the Konigin Luise (Orient Line) from Bombay to Plymouth. Try as I may I cannot find my granddad. Sgt James Edgar Baxter No. 9274. 2nd Batt King's Liverpool Regiment. I beleve he was Regular Army as he was a corporal in 1912 when he married his wife in Yorkshire. By 1922 he was out of the army and back in Yorkshire. His Medal Index card states he was due the Victory and Britsh War medals. The 15 Star and the Indian General Service Afgan NWFF 1919 Medal.

Any information on his possable movements would be much apprecheated.

Tony Baxter

Tony

Were there any other soldiers on board this vessel ? If not it might just have been that they hadn't finished their work yet and were to travel back on a troopship. His rank may also have allowed his family the privilege of a "pukka" steamship passage home.

I note that after the end of the NWFF conflicts in Aug 1919 some of the 2nd Bn moved on to the Sudan Garrison whilst in 1920 the remainder of the Bn were demobilised.

There seems to be no records remaining of his service,nor any War Diaires locatable using the Battalion details.

Sotonmate

Tony, do you have any photographs of your grandfather ? I'm interested in seeing what badges the 2nd Bn wore in India. Thanks, Julian

Tony, do you have any photographs of your grandfather ? I'm interested in seeing what badges the 2nd Bn wore in India. Thanks, Julian

Hi Julian

Alas I have no photos of my grandad in uniform. My dads baptisum certificate states it has been entered in the Regimental Records, Peshawar 22-9-1916. That's all I have from that time.

Tony

Was you Dad, Stanley ?

If it is, you could order up his Birth certificate (assuming you dont have it :-) - Peshawar / 1916 / 76 (could be 75)

Grant

Was you Dad, Stanley ?

If it is, you could order up his Birth certificate (assuming you dont have it :-) - Peshawar / 1916 / 76 (could be 75)

Grant

Hi Grant

I have dads baptisum certificate but not a birth certificate. Would I have to get it through the Regt? On dads 2nd WW service record it has him as dual nationalaty. But he always insisted he was born under the British flag.

Tony