Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

middlesex regiment soldier

E M Lockwood

I am wondering if anyone can help me find out if the Private below is my great uncle, Gilbert Horace Mann.

MANN G H United Kingdom Rank: Private Regiment/Service: Middlesex Regiment Unit Text: 12th Bn. Date of Death: 21/10/1915 Service No: 5842

Many thanks,

Emma

Emma

Soldiers Died in the Great War (SDGW) shows this soldier to be:

George Henry MANN.

Resident in Shoreditch (Middlesex,as was).

Enlisted Leyton Essex.

12 Battalion Middlesex. G/5842.

Killed in action 21.10.1915.

There is a Gilbert H MANN

Sergeant GS/95019 Royal Fusiliers

on a Medal Card.

He appears to have survived the War. A soldier who died and had a number GS/95112 was in the 4th Battalion Royal Fusiliers,but this may not mean much as an indicator as the 4th were already in France in 1915,which your man wasn't (because he didn't get an entitlement to a 1914-15 Star),so he would have been in a replacement batch of indeterminate size,which could have been split up on arrival in France and sent to various units.

Sotonmate

Thanks so much - is there any chance of finding out any more about Gilbert H MANN

Sergeant GS/95019 Royal Fusiliers to see if he is the man I'm looking for? I know my uncle was born in 1897 and was from Gloucester.

Emma

Soldiers Died in the Great War (SDGW) shows this soldier to be:

George Henry MANN.

Resident in Shoreditch (Middlesex,as was).

Enlisted Leyton Essex.

12 Battalion Middlesex. G/5842.

Killed in action 21.10.1915.

There is a Gilbert H MANN

Sergeant GS/95019 Royal Fusiliers

on a Medal Card.

He appears to have survived the War. A soldier who died and had a number GS/95112 was in the 4th Battalion Royal Fusiliers,but this may not mean much as an indicator as the 4th were already in France in 1915,which your man wasn't (because he didn't get an entitlement to a 1914-15 Star),so he would have been in a replacement batch of indeterminate size,which could have been split up on arrival in France and sent to various units.

Sotonmate

Gilbert Horace Mann born March quarter of 1897 died 1928 June quarter age 31 registered West Bromwich. Ralph.

Thanks so much!

Emma

Gilbert Horace Mann born March quarter of 1897 died 1928 June quarter age 31 registered West Bromwich. Ralph.