Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Court Martial

Patrick Watt

I have found in the roll book ofthe 4th Cameron Highlanders a reference to a 2nd Lieutenant H F Henderson who was dismissed by GCM (presumably General Court MArtial) on 26 April 1916. Does anyone know where I can find out more on Court Martial records?

Cheers

Patrick

P

There are quite a few records at Kew,a couple here:

WO84 Charge Books.

WO86 DCMartial Registers Home and Abroad

If you go to the Catalogue page and enter Court Martial on top line and WO on the bottom line you will get the choice.

Sotonmate

I have found in the roll book ofthe 4th Cameron Highlanders a reference to a 2nd Lieutenant H F Henderson who was dismissed by GCM (presumably General Court MArtial) on 26 April 1916. Does anyone know where I can find out more on Court Martial records?

Cheers

Patrick

If he has,as an officer, a War Office general correspondence file in his name in series WO339 or 374 at Kew,these may be informative.I have found material related to a court martial of another officer in his general file.although not the formal papers.

Michael

2nd Lt Hugh or Hugo F. Henderson, 1/4th Cameron Highlanders was court martialled at La Clytte for Drunkeness, Section 40, and dismissed the service although the date given in WO-90-6 is the 13th April, 1916.

Andy

post-1871-1270926477.jpg

Thank you so much for this!! It clears up another little mystery!!

Patrick