Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

3 west lancs brigade rfa

Can anyone tell me about kamp-knews 3 west lancs brigade rfa christmas 1915 and 1916.I think its a publication of sorts.Is it possible to get hold of it? many thanks rob.

.I think its a publication of sorts.

I think it was the self-published brigade newspaper/magazine. Doubtful if it was ever re-published (though some such papers were republished in 'volume' format later. Small publication and circulation figures mean that they may be pretty rare (though not usually all that expensive) today. Might be worth seeing if its been re-published at any time or if anyone has had them scanned onto CD (thankfully,it appears to be the vogue these days to do such a thing...very handy for the survival of the images).

Dave

According to the Army List 1914 the 3rd West Lancashire Brigade was Headquartered in Admiral Street, Liverpool, together with the 12th Lancashire Battery. The 13th and 14th were based at Garston and Widnes respectively.

It may be worth checking local libraries or archives as they may hold copies. I have found some local Regimental magazines that way.

• 3 weeks later...
Can anyone tell me about kamp-knews 3 west lancs brigade rfa christmas 1915 and 1916.I think its a publication of sorts.Is it possible to get hold of it? many thanks rob.

I have a rather tatty copy of Kamp Knews for Christmas 1917. Front page is missing but page 3 carries a photo of Col James Reynolds and Major J Mawdsley leaving Buckingham Palace after each receiving their DSO. This was my father's copy found in his effects after his death a few years ago.

Kevin Keeley :rolleyes: