Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

ASC

Guest gillian11

Guest gillian11

Could someone possibly tell me where James B Waterson would have served and in what capacity. He was in the ASC.

His numbers on his medal card are R/387591 and ET/48694. He was injured and discharged but not sure where he served. It would be wonderful to see a photo of him also as I don't know what he looked like. Many thanks. The GWF is fantastic :D

The prefix 'R' is for Remounts and 'ET' is for post-war re-enlistments for Horse Transport under AO/4 19.

Not much, but it narrows it down slightly I suppose.

Dave

Hi Agatha

It is difficult to identify Units of the ASC by service number alone without a service record thought there are some clues here, if he was discharged through injury or wounds, as he may have been entitled to a Silver War Badge and the list can be checked for details. There is more information on the LLT site at the top left of the page. Also if he was a post-War re-enlistment and served after 1920 his records will not be in the public domain as yet and will be held by the MoD in Glasgow. Proof of next of next of kin is required to access them and a fee of £30.00.

You may find a photo in local papers of the time if he was wounded as well.

It would also be useful to know his medal entitlement from the card as information can also be gleaned from that.

Good Luck.

Peridot