Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Horace Hill 1/2 W.Rid F.A R.A.M.C

harley1962

Hi

i am currently trying to find any information on the following soldier 403549 Pte. (A/L/Cpl) Horace Hill of 1/2 West Riding Field Ambulance R.A.M.C who won the military medal London Gazette 13th Sept 1918. He also had T/F no 917 R.A.M.C. Does anyone know where he would have won the military medal? or any other information warmly received.

Regards Harley1962

Harley

Hes listed in West Riding Territorials in Great war as CH Hill.(Cpl)

His 1915 star MIC is also listed under that name with 917 number date of entry to theatre(April 1915) and discharge(Disembodied) date given as July 1919

Ady

Group three WWI campaign medals including the Military medal and the Territorial Efficiency issued to 403549 Pte. A. L. Cpl. H. Hill 1/2 W. RID: F.A. R.A.M.C.

A200.jpg

IPT Do you have the group in your possession? If so can you confirm the naming is it H or CH?

Ady

Thanks Ady

I found the m.i.c for the b.w.m & victory but thought it strange no star mentioned or any other details, never thought to look under a different inital. Strange that the star is marked C.H when all the other medals are just H.Hill - b.w.m 917 H.Hill and the m.m & t.e.m 403549 H.Hill. The m.i.c for the b.w.m and victory gives his name as Horace Hill nothing else.

I couldn't find any service or pension records but was just looking under the H.Hill will have to have another look.

Regards Harley1962

Have now found out born Charles Horace Hill 1890 Headingley, Leeds son of Abraham & Ann Hill had a brother George who served in the Dragoon Guards. Anyone know anymore?

Regards Harley1962