Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

ASC

Adam Llewellyn

Good day all,

I'm trying to obtain any informartion on the following two gentlemen, both were with the ASC and their service papers have not survived, well I can't find them.

S/343807 Pte Thomas A. Browning, pair only on his MIC.

M2/202551 A/Cpl Walter H. H. Insull, pair only on his MIC.

I'm hoping that they may appear on a Roll of Honour and that some kind soul will be able to let me have a place of birth, residence or anything to do with their possible service history.

Best Regards. Llew.

Llew,

There is a Walter Horace H Insull, married June Quarter 1898, (Wolstanton 6b 283)

I haven't been able to track him down definitively elsewhere yet though.

Phil

Good day all,

I'm trying to obtain any informartion on the following two gentlemen, both were with the ASC and their service papers have not survived, well I can't find them.

S/343807 Pte Thomas A. Browning, pair only on his MIC.

M2/202551 A/Cpl Walter H. H. Insull, pair only on his MIC.

I'm hoping that they may appear on a Roll of Honour and that some kind soul will be able to let me have a place of birth, residence or anything to do with their possible service history.

Best Regards. Llew.

From the numbers Llew Browning was in Supply and probably conscripted towards the end of 1916/early 1917 and Insull was in Mechanical Transport and similarly conscripted though more likely in 1916.

No overseas service before then as no Star.

I'm sure someone will be along with some more info soon.

Good Luck.

Peridot

Phil,

Thanks for that, its got to be him with the Horace H middle names, and after googling Wolstanton, he could be a Staffordshire man?

Peridot,

Thanks for the dates, I'm assuming that Walter could have been a driver then?

Best Regards. Llew.

Hi Llew

In all probability Walter would have been a driver. I'm told if you see a photo of anyone with an ASC no beginning M, H or T you should look at his boots if you can and if they are covered in mud then he was probably a driver - strangely it works!!

Peridot

Thanks everyone all the help is greatly appreciated.

It would be nice to get something on Thomas Browning, but i do realise that it is a much more common name, thats why I was hoping he would turn up on a the Roll of Honour.

Best Regards. Llew.