Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

A DLI man - Private Seymour

stephen p nunn

I was fortunate yesterday to pick up a Victory Medal to a DLI man:

Private Alfred C. Seymour. His service number on the medal is engraved as 9388.

I have located his medal card which indicates entitlement to the pair (I suppose his BWM is now long gone?) and he had a second DLI service number - 200967.

Can't find any service or pension records for him.

Any experts out there able to tell me anything about him (perhaps based on the DLI numbers?)>

Many thanks all.

SPN

Maldon

M

Only a passing comment on BWMs - I did read somewhere that,as they were silver,a fair few were sold for re-processing, for money to help pay their way in the "land fit for heroes" !

Sotonmate

M

Only a passing comment on BWMs - I did read somewhere that,as they were silver,a fair few were sold for re-processing, for money to help pay their way in the "land fit for heroes" !

Sotonmate

Thanks Sotonmate - yes, me too. It has been debated in other threads. People still seem to hold strong views about that (both ways!).

Regards.

SPN

Maldon

M

It wasn't my intention to post the remark in order for any discussion to be re-ignited here though,merely a comment on why some pairs/Trios will never be re-united.

Happy Easter !

Sotonmate

M

It wasn't my intention to post the remark in order for any discussion to be re-ignited here though,merely a comment on why some pairs/Trios will never be re-united.

Happy Easter !

Sotonmate

And to you dear chap.

SPN

Maldon