Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

help with RGA badge

mcfc1923

with regards to buying an RGA badge, should it have the mesh behind the wheel and should the wheel be able to spin

many thanks

jim

The RGA badge was the same as the RFA badge and common. There were several versions:

Solid centre c.1917.

Fretted wheel.

Moving wheel - may have been a canteen purchase rather than issued.

Any of these would do for the RGA.

Jim.I have a number of Royal Artillery badges but only one with the wheel mounted seperately, as far as I am aware they are all genuine. Ralph.

Jim.I have a number of Royal Artillery badges but only one with the wheel mounted seperately, as far as I am aware they are all genuine. Ralph.

cheers guys much appreciated. so what i would be looking for is a typical RA badge that they would have worn, how much would that cost me Ralph ?

many thanks

£5 to £10. Max for moving wheel. Beware of copies!

TT

£2.50 for copy.

hi ralph, how much would you want for one of your R A badges, the cheapest version would be fine.

jim

Jim. Mine are not for sale. If you look at CLANFIELD MILITARIA (Lew Shotton) you will find he has one RA Kings Crown Bz (bronze)cap badge for £5, good deal and a genuine bloke, have bought many badges off him over the years. Ralph.

http://1914-1918.invisionzone.com/forums/i...%2BMoving+Wheel

These previous posts concerning Artillery Badges may Help!!

HB

cheers guys, sorry about that ralph i miss read your reply. have sent email to Lew Shotton, to say i would like to purchase the badge, just waiting for reply to say he has it in stock and let me know how much to include for postage, does he usually reply straight away only sent email this morning but heard nothing as yet.

cheers Harry for the links to the previous post's, really informative many thanks.

cheers