Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

CSM Patrick McCarthy

James Mike

Hello,

First post, I was wondering if anyone can help me with my Grandfather Patrick McCarthy 8447. I have his Medal index Card but sadly nothing else.

Could anyone assist with when he joined up and what his Battalion did, I have read the Long Long trail but was looking for more detail.

He lived at 3 High Street Cardiff when he recieved his medals, was this a Bank?

Regards Mike

Mike. Welcome to the Forum. The date on his card denotes the date he entered his particular theatre of war, in his case 2b is the Balkans. Ralph.

Michael

You can get some of the 6th Bn's diary via the National Archives docs online. You do get quite a lot of 10th (Irish) Division units for your £3.50 but they do only cover the periods August - September 1915 for the most part.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documen...p;resultcount=2

The first date in the 6th Bn's diary is 6th August 1915 which is just before your GF got there. The diary is in the pdf numbered 281 and starts on page 98.

Mike,

Welcome to the Forum, No 3 High St Cardiff is a bank today 'Royal Bank of Scotland'.

Regards Charles

Charles,

thank you for the information re the bank,I have made contact with Cardiff Local Studies hope to some infomation on G/D this week Best Regards Mike.

Mike. Welcome to the Forum. The date on his card denotes the date he entered his particular theatre of war, in his case 2b is the Balkans. Ralph.

rjaydee,

thank you for the information re the theatre of war Regards Mike

Michael

You can get some of the 6th Bn's diary via the National Archives docs online. You do get quite a lot of 10th (Irish) Division units for your £3.50 but they do only cover the periods August - September 1915 for the most part.

http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/documen...p;resultcount=2

The first date in the 6th Bn's diary is 6th August 1915 which is just before your GF got there. The diary is in the pdf numbered 281 and starts on page 98.

ulsterlad2, thank you I will look them up Regards Mike