Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Help with this picture

Guest tatoo

I am trying to identify this man as my grandfather who I know for a fact, from his records, was in the Army Service Corps (Motor Transport).

His cap badge looks like the Army Medical Corp, but I can't make out the shoulder title properly - it doesn't look like it ends in a M.C. for Medical Corp.

It does look like it could be a T and maybe M T at the end.

My question is - could my grandfather have been a driver in the AMC and have a shoulder title of the A S C (M T) ?

Any comments welcome. Thanks.

post-54311-1269949335.jpg

post-54311-1269949503.jpg

post-54311-1269949540.jpg

Haven't we had this post before, where the general consensus - which I did not interrupt, because I agreed - is that he is Royal Army Medical Corps?

The shoulder title looks like RAMC to me; what makes it look like a 'T' is the light coming off the top serif of the 'C'. The ASC title was 'ASC' (except for multi-tiered Territorial Force titles, which this is not) - not/never ASCMT.

Thanks for the clear reply. I guess unless he borrowed someone else's uniform this isn't my grandfather. But who is he? Looks like a bit more research. By the way I did post this before, but on another forum. Thanks