Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Private Stanley W. Taylor (ASC)

stephen p nunn

Dear all,

I am looking for some help to find out more about the following ASC man with an odd service number. The number is:

DM2-207142. He is Private Stanley W. Taylor.

I have a medal card but that's all so far.

Does anyone have anything more please or know what the DM2 means?

Many thanks.

SPN

Maldon

DM/2 was Mechanical Transport Learner. Discontinued in November 1916. Probably conscripted.

Peridot

That's great - thank you very much. I have searched through the S. Taylors in relation to pension and service records but can't find anything so far. His medal card indicates entitlement to the pair.

Best regards.

SPN

Maldon

That would mean he had no overseas service until 1916 Maldon, which ties in with his likely date of enlistment and number.

Peridot

That would mean he had no overseas service until 1916 Maldon, which ties in with his likely date of enlistment and number.

Peridot

Great - thanks Peridot. So we know he was a Mechanical Transport Learner, conscripted and served overseas sometime in 1916. Any other suggestions re. leads?

Regards.

SPN

Maldon

Absent Voters Lists or Soldiers and Sailors Families Association Members Lists? 1911 Census and Local Newspapers? Usual sources to check he survived the War ? Probably demobbed early 1919 and would have had overseas service stripes in any photos. Not sure what else you know about him but that should cover most avenues.

Peridot