Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Henning - help if possible

Desmond7

Hi folks - need a little help (obvious routes) ...

Seeking info on a William Henning from Tullyvallen, Co. Armagh but was living (we understand) in Govan, Glasgow circa 1914 ...

Family history tells he was with R Innis. Fus.

However, equally possible he was with R Irish Fus. (and I have seen MIC to a William Henning of that Btn.)

Sorry for sparse info but all help appreciated.

How about 31036 Pte William Hanning Royal Inniskilling Fusiliers Brn Co Armagh ( Henley)

Residence Glasgow.K.I.A.

Gary.

Could I possibly ask anyone with access to a certain programme to give him a look up.

Soldiers Died Great War :- Born Hanley Co Armagh. Enlisted Glasgow. Ancestry Medal Index Card :- also 11817 R I Fus 1915 Star retd Kings Regs 992. 1923. Entered theatre of War 2B (Balkans) 11-7-1915. Ralph.

Many thanks to all for help.

Des

I may have further information on this soldier by end of weekend. In meantime, thanks again.

Des

Des

He's on the list fro the Armagh War Memorial Project (see link) as well, but no more information than you already have.

http://www.armaghwarmemorial.com/view.asp?ID=70021

I am sure fellow forum pal Arthurj, who is involved in above project, would be very interested in any other information you turn up.

Regards, Tommy.

Hi Des,

This may be a sister http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/reels/nai002273359/

She is aged 16, living in Talbot Street Newry, but living with an unmarried aunt. Her place of birth is listed as Co Armagh. It is only about 12 miles from Newry to Tullyvallen (Newtownhamilton).

I am still at work, so will check if I have anything else at home.

Cheers

Faugh a Ballagh

Genuinely think we may be on right track ... although the descendant family have the name HENNING firmly in mind. All the rest is tying in .. even down to Regiment and general date of death.

Ta folks.

Des