Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Albert Cecil Farmer

Guest dfphoto

Hello I am trying to find more information on Albert Cecil Farmer born 1899, His regimental number was 22094, I have found his medal card the reference number is RFA/332b page 46721, he was awarded the British service medal and Victory medal. I belive he was a driver in the Artillery. I am hoping to find which unit he was attached to and possibly where they served. He lied about his age to get in and his medal card states his name as Alfred Farmer. Any information would be greatly appreciated, he was from London. Thank you David

Hi dfphoto - and welcome to the Forum.

It would seem you're in luck as his service records appear to have survived (you may know that around 60-70% were destroyed in WW2). There's two sets listed - one of 5 pages and the other 16 (expect a cover sheet and possibly a handwritten note of his details to be included in those numbers).

Name: Albert Cecil Farmer

Estimated birth year: abt 1896

Age at Enlistment: 19

Residence: 121 Burlington Rd, Thornton Heath

Document Year: 1915

Regimental Number: 22094

Regiment Name: RH & RFA

Do you have Ancestry membership? That would be the easiest way to view them. If not, it may be worth trying your local libary or investigating whether the free trial 14 day offer is still available. They will be available from Kew (Ancestry are in partnership with the NA) but Ancestry is the most cost-effective method.

Hi dfphoto - and welcome to the Forum.

It would seem you're in luck as his service records appear to have survived (you may know that around 60-70% were destroyed in WW2). There's two sets listed - one of 5 pages and the other 16 (expect a cover sheet and possibly a handwritten note of his details to be included in those numbers).

Name: Albert Cecil Farmer

Estimated birth year: abt 1896

Age at Enlistment: 19

Residence: 121 Burlington Rd, Thornton Heath

Document Year: 1915

Regimental Number: 22094

Regiment Name: RH & RFA

Do you have Ancestry membership? That would be the easiest way to view them. If not, it may be worth trying your local libary or investigating whether the free trial 14 day offer is still available. They will be available from Kew (Ancestry are in partnership with the NA) but Ancestry is the most cost-effective method.

Thankyou I will have a look and see what I can find, I did find some information there but maybe I did not look deeply enough, I appreciate your time, David

You're welcome, David.

It could well depend on when you looked as the service papers are a relatively recent addition. Also, the second set has his number as "2??094", but I found keying in his full name brought both sets up. Best way to isolate it is to go straight to the Military section and select British Army WW1 Service Records.

That's a decent amount of papers available (I've got several relatives where we have nothing at all) and once you've got them, you can post them up here to request if anything is unclear. Forum rules are that posting any Ancestry images has to be from your own personal research, so we can't do that part for you, but once you've got the details you'll find there's a wealth of knowledge on here.

Louise