Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

War diaries 10th-29th April 1918

GlenBanna

Does anyone have any War Diary extracts from any of the following between the 10th and 29th April 1918. I am particulary interested in the 88th Brigade and teh 34th Division extracts. Thanks in advance. Glen

9th (Scottish) Division

19th (Western) Division

25th Division, less 74th Brigade.

62nd Brigade of 21st Division

88th Brigade of 29th Division.

100th Brigade of 33rd Division

102nd Brigade of 34th Division.

108th Brigade of 36th (Ulster) Division

147th and 148th Brigades of 49th (West Riding) Division.

34th Division

Glen, I have got stacks of that period. Let me clarify: when you say 88th Bde do you mean Brigade HQ and/or the diaries of constituent units? Can I also ask your mission? I've just finished writing up the battle so if there is any advice I can offer, do ask.

Glen, I have got stacks of that period. Let me clarify: when you say 88th Bde do you mean Brigade HQ and/or the diaries of constituent units? Can I also ask your mission? I've just finished writing up the battle so if there is any advice I can offer, do ask.

Chris

My grandfather was in the 88th brigade machine gun corp which were temporarily detached from the 86th and 87th brigades of the 29th division during the period above to help the 34th division fight a rearguard action in the course of the retreat from Armentieres towards Bailleul. Any any information about this action you can give me would be great. The other units listed were those that I believe were involved in the battle for Bailleul.

Thanks

Glen

Sorry, but I'm still not clear - do you need the Brigade HQ/Brigade troop (MGC, TMB, etc.) War Diaries or the War Diaries from the infantry battalions in the listed brigades?

Cheers,

Mark

Sorry, but I'm still not clear - do you need the Brigade HQ/Brigade troop (MGC, TMB, etc.) War Diaries or the War Diaries from the infantry battalions in the listed brigades?

Cheers,

Mark

If you have the 88th Brigade HQ war diaries that would the best source otherwise the listed infantry battalions diaries might provide some information. Thanks Glen

If you have the 88th Brigade HQ war diaries that would the best source otherwise the listed infantry battalions diaries might provide some information. Thanks Glen

Glen,

I have the WD for one single battalion in one of the Brigades you've listed at the top, but it's not a Btn from 88 Bde or even 34th Division. PM me your e-mail address & I'll forward the relevant pages for your dates.

Cheers,

Mark

• 2 months later...

If anyone knows of any diaries for the 19th. Western , in particular the artillery or knows where they can be found I would be most grateful.

Colin.