Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

A/SJT 2483 F Turner RAMC

Richard Matlock

Hello all , i am trying to find out where this chap lived as i have a later specials medal to him , so if i can trace the constabulary i may be able to find something out !!!

Any census info would be great

Thanks again Rich M :blink::poppy::ph34r:

Name: Frank Turner

Regiment or Corps: Royal Army Medical Corps

Regimental Number: 2483

I dread to think how many Frank Turners there were nationwide! I assume you're looking for 1911, in which case I'm out as I don't subscribe.

I see from his MIC that he was entitled to the BWM and VM - seems a very low number. Any chance he could have a second MIC? There's a lot of Frank Turners in the RAMC.

Name: Frank Turner

Regiment or Corps: Royal Army Medical Corps

Regimental Number: 2483

I dread to think how many Frank Turners there were nationwide!

Had a quick look, well over 1000

The original 1911census.co.uk site gives you a lot more search options than FindMyPast (and they work properly!). I often use it to search, then use the age/district info from the hit list to find the person on FMP.

In this case, the only hit for a Frank Turner with occupation Police Constable in 1911 is this chap:

Frank Turner, 34, Police Constable, born Quarndon, Derbys, living in Ashover nr Chesterfield with wife Sarah, 36, and children Elsie (10), Sarah (8) and Frank (5). The children are all born in different places (Biggin, Buxton and Ripley respectively), so they moved around a bit.

Can't find any matching service/pension records.

He might not be your man, of course!

If his name was really Francis, then there's another hit:

Francis Turner, 23, Metropolitan Police Constable, born Rochester, Kent, at the time of the census on duty at the Police Station, 15 Queens Rd, Wimbledon.

Adrian

Thanks both , good chance he was a PC and later a special i will try to contact the forces to see if they have someone working on there archives.

Cheers Rich M :blink::poppy::ph34r: