Free downloads from TNA ×
The Great War (1914-1918) Forum

Remembered Today:

Feld. Artillerie Regiments 19 (1st Thuringen), & 267

tanks3

One for our Germany Army experts. Does anyone have a potted history of these units and were either or both at the battle of Cambrai? If they were, what was their involvement?

Thanks

Tanks3

FAR 19, as part of 38th Inf Div, spent the entire winter from 9 November 1917 onwards in Flanders as part of Group Staden. RIR 267, part of 81st Res Div, was still in the east at the time of Cambrai, not arriving on the Western Front until 21 December 1917.

Jack7

Sorry I was being a bit dozy there. I see you meant FAR 267. The answer in this case is yes but, because there is no regimental history, the only way to establish roughly what they did is to consult the published histories relating to 208th Inf Div. This was part of Group Busigny for the counter-attack, operating in the south. The division gets numerous mentions in my German Army at Cambrai, which you should be able to track down fairly easily.

Jack

There is a copy at the DNB:

Link zu diesem Datensatz http://d-nb.info/574432078

Titel Regiments-Geschichte des Thüringischen Feldartillerie-Regimentes 267 : (Regiment v. Blodau) / [Für d. Traditionsverb. bearb. v. Wilhelm Kose unter Verwendg des Carl Figg ... zsgest. Abrisses]

Person(en) Kose, Wilhelm

Verleger Leipzig : Dr. Wiegand

Erscheinungsjahr 1941

Umfang/Format 199 S. : 9 Taf. ; 8

that is interesting Ken. I could find no trace of one when I was writing about Cambrai, possibly because it was a relatively late production. Just my luck if it is packed with information.

Jack